Thursday, February 01, 2007

What's YOUR Excuse For Not Getting Up In The Morning?

My 7 year old daughter seems to have been putting some extra thought into hers. When I was a kid and I didn't want to get up and go to school, I just said "I don't wanna"--a lot of good it did me.

My daughter is a bit more creative.
  • When she was 6, my daughter would pull her covers over her and say: I'm a bear--and I'm hibernating!

  • This morning, she wrapped her covers around her and exclaimed: I'm in a cocoon--and I'm not coming out till Spring!
On the way home from work, I was wondering what kind of excuses I could make up:
  • Wait, I just saw my shadow--I can't go to work today!

  • I'm the latest Hero, and my special power is to turn workdays into Sundays--go back to sleep!

  • Shhhh, I'm blogging--can't you see I'm wearing pajamas?!
Nu, so what's your excuse?


2 comments:

Ezzie said...

Shh, I'm getting up in 5 minutes!

Honestly, turning the clock to Sundays wouldn't help - some of us work Sundays, too.

Daled Amos said...

Have you considered making believe you're a caterpillar?