Friday, January 13, 2012

Fjordman Interview: Europe Is The Sick Man of the World

Tundra Tabloids has the English translation of an interview blogger/writer Fjordman has given with the German newspaper Junge Freiheit: Europe Is The Sick Man of the World.

An excerpt:
I have studied Arabic language at the American University in Cairo and lived in Egypt during the terror attacks of September 11th 2001. I am not sure I would describe this as a turning point since I was already growing skeptical of Islamic culture and mentality before that time, but things certainly escalated after this event.


What shocked me the most, though, was not witnessing how happy many Arabs and Muslims were over the mass murder of thousands of unarmed civilians. What shocked me the most was how Western mass media and the political establishment lied about this fact. 9/11 was in my view clearly an Islamic Jihadist act of war against Western civilization, yet the West was in complete denial about this.

I also worked in Israel and the Palestinian territories as an observer in Hebron in 2002 and 2003 and could there see first-hand how biased, anti-Israeli and pro-Islamic much of the media coverage from this region truly is. I myself narrowly missed a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv on April 30, 2003 that was committed by a young Muslim man who was a British citizen. I could literally hear the explosion behind me as I had just left the nice beachfront area where this happened a few minutes earlier. Two of my colleagues were murdered in March 2002 in a Jihadist terror attack by the very Palestinians we were supposed to help. In contrast, I found most Israeli Jews to be friendly, with the partial exception of a few of the most militant settlers.
Read the whole thing

For me, a key sentence in the interview is:
Portraying Europeans as aggressors after having been at the receiving end of an unprovoked Islamic campaign of aggression and conquest for over a thousand years is patently absurd.
To understand the Crusades in black and white while ignoring the conquests of the Islamic imperialism of the time misses the point.

Which brings us to today...

Technorati Tag: and and .

No comments: